Are dotted pictures a new trend in Web Design?

I’ve noticed lately that some of the websites I visit regularly are adopting a new and bizarre trend in Web Design: “the dotted pictures”. Not sure what to call it. It looks as if a pattern of regularly-spaced dots was deliberately layered on top of all thumbnails, or sometimes it’s a light grid pattern instead of dots, but the end look is similar. It looks like a dithered picture somewhat.

What is this design called?

Some websites now-a-days are showcasing cartoon graphics all over the website like following If we see revamped site, it also has some like-wise graphic on homepage. Is this a trend in graphic design? Does it have any name? Is there easily available artillery to create these kind of designs? Answers: Thank you for visiting … Read more