I have ASP.NET Web Application that is deployed on production already. I had to change the target framework of the project from 4.5.2 to 4.7.2 on my local/source and push the changes to developement to get tested.
The problem I am facing is when I changed the target framework of the project the packages did not ‘handle’ it very well and I had to uninstall and reinstall them with
update-package -reinstall -ignoreDependencies
Thank you for visiting the Q&A section on Magenaut. Please note that all the answers may not help you solve the issue immediately. So please treat them as advisements. If you found the post helpful (or not), leave a comment & I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
How I manage to solve the problem is:
After changing the target framework I had to remap the packages as mentioned above which caused a lot of changed in my source. All I did was to build the new ‘version’ of the project and get the whole bin folder and replace it with the one of the deplyed project in the server side, also I had to compare the changes in the config files.